The Joint Council of Extension Professionals
is seeking applications for the following applointed position:
JCEP Representative to the ECOP Budget and Legislative Committee
The JCEP Representative to the ECOP Budget and Legislative (B&L) Sub-Committee will serve to:
- Assure JCEP membership is aware of, and has the opportunity to advocate for, federal budget priorities supported by the APLU Board on Agriculture Assembly;
- Align membership activities, especially through PILD, with federal budget priorities supported by the APLU Board on Agriculture Assembly;
- Bring advocacy ideas to the ECOP B & L Committee regarding authorization and appropriations for USDA and other federal departments;
- Bring programmatic ideas/examples to the ECOP B & L Committee that highlight the accomplishments of Cooperative Extension, bolstering the credibility of Cooperative Extension to decision makers;
- Provide Extension professional’s feedback on national initiatives.
The JCEP Representative to the ECOP Budget and Legislative Committee is selected through an application process established by the JCEP Board. Applicants must be a Past President of a JCEP member association and have served on the JCEP Board. In addition to leadership within their professional associations and within Extension; the applicant must have Extension experiences related to budget development, public issues, and legislative issues. Expenses for the position will be funded by JCEP (any state or local support that would assist in the funding would be welcomed). JCEP would expect for the appointee to attend the JCEP Winter Board Meeting, the JCEP Summer Board Meeting and the Public Issues Leadership Meeting. The would also be expected to participate in the ECOP Budget and Legislative Committee monthly telephone conference calls.
This is a three year appointment and starting in November 2016. The application form for this position can be found and downloaded by following the link to the JCEP Budget and Legislative Committee Liaison Application. Applications are due August 15, 2016.